The Colegio Internacional Costa Adeje is a Spanish education center characterized by the importance that provides to the learning of languages.
From the 1st course of pre-school education, HUMBI, the students have a first contact with the English language, thanks to two educators.
On the 2nd course of pre-school education, our children live an immersion in German language with one hour diary while they received two hours of English weekly in K1, K2 and three hours in K3.
From 1st of primary education until 2nd of A levels every student received four hours of German and four hours of English weekly.
The students from 3rd to 6th of elementary education, moreover they count with the Physical Education and the Arts subjects in English.
In the majority of the stages an unfolding of the classes is carried out to study languages in small groups of 15 or fewer students.
Due to the great number of foreign students that every year arrives to our school, we are used to carry out support classes of Spanish within the school Schedule.
There are progressively more students attending to the Cambridge Institute and Goethe Institute level exams, for which we do have preparation classes outside the school timetable.
Cambridge Educational Partner
“Cambridge Educational Partner” is an alliance between Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University publisher and our school with the main purpose of building a frame which guarantees the excellence and the learning of the English language.
That programme consist on:
- Own educational Project: Cambridge Learning Journey. A trip which involves all the educational community and that promotes, not only the competence in the use of English, but the use of the language as a vehicle for the cognitive, emotional and social development of the student.
- Classroom-Home Connection: Possibility for the parents to be implicated on the children’s learning thanks to playful activities to work at home and as support in their Cambridge exams preparation.
- Cambridge University Press materials: Accredited by the prestigious University, which covers the curricular learning contents, work on the emotional competences and life skills and they prepare officially for the Cambridge Institute exams.
- Guarantee for the labour future. The Cambridge quality signature is a world reference in the English accreditation in the academic and management area.
- Integral formal education for teachers, as much in methodologic and linguistic aspects to motivate their professional and personal development.
For more information consult the links below: