Our teaching staff is formed by almost 70 teachers which had specific training for the different stages and specialties.
Teachers are steady professionals committed to education and to our institution, regularly available for training, renewing skills and innovation.
The institute provides teachers with a complete continuous training program, which includes more than two courses each trimester (Information and Communication Technology, Languages, First Aid, Emotional Intelligence, Informatics, etc. )
In the last two years we have ran a European project to train teachers, from the school as well as interested outsiders, about the Moodle Platform.
Student Body and their families
The school counts with families from all different social and economic condition, even though there are more representative of the middle class.
The cultural level of parents is medium-high and they are really interested in their children’s education.
Right now we host forty-four different nationalities, where Spanish, Russians, German, Italians and British students prevail. Anyways there are many representatives from the East and Centre of Europe, India, China, Iceland, South America, etc.
To better welcome our foreign students, we prepared the following plan:
- Prepare the group to develop positive welcoming attitudes, giving information about the new student’s country of origin, language and habits. Doing so we ignite the class’s effort of getting in the shoes of the new student, understanding better his/her situation.
- Plan the spot that the student will take in class and the ones nearby for the students that will welcome and help him/her getting integrated faster.
- Designate a student from the same country of origin or speaking the same language, already in the same class or from another one, to do as interpreter to avoid the new student’s isolation.
- Organize a welcoming event and the presentation
- Explain and advise the new student on the main aspects of the institute and class functioning.
- Give an initial evaluation, especially in the instrumental areas, to set specific goals, without exaggerations, which will allow the student to gain more self-confidence.
- Facilitate Spanish learning, speaking to him/her with a good intonation, slower, with simple construct phrases and using non-verbal communication.
- Understanding his/her swinging moods, anxiety and other emotional manifestations, which are symptoms of nostalgia, difficulties in adaptation or great effort.