The Costa Adeje International School is a private educational centre, mixed and lay, founded in 1986.
It offers kindergarten for the First and Second Cycle, Primary, Secondary and High school. All within the legal framework of the Spanish Educational System.
It is situated in the town of Adeje, in the so-called area of Fañabé, in the south of Tenerife Island.
Based on the Spanish Educational System, the institute wager for a XXI century education, focused on enhancing each student skills, to develop its creativity, teamwork and social values.
In short, a complete education based on the attention over the intellectual as well as the emotional part of each child which is particularly interested in languages and sports.
What differentiates us from other schools?
- English and German in small groups from the 2nd Cycle of the kindergarten.
- Customized Education: two teachers in each class in the kindergarten.
- Constant and permanent education with the parents.
- Specialized teachers for each subject.
- Excellent sport facilities.
- Multiculturalism: over 50 different nationalities.
- All educational levels in the same institution: from 0 to 18 years old.
- Great offer of extracurricular activities.
- 100% of students passed the University Access Exams (PAU).
- The only educational centre in Canary Islands managed with the ClickEDU platform.
- ISO 9001 Quality certification.
The institute is situated in the town of Adeje.
The economic activity is developed over tourism and services. This reality fostered the presence of immigrants, especially from European countries, giving rise to a multicultural and multilingual population. We consider a challenge for the teachers to be able to face such a situation in a satisfactory way, being able to meet educational expectations and integration of these families. We consider the coexistence of different culture as an enriching experience for the students in nowadays global environment.
Our students also live in the surrounding municipalities of Arona, San Miguel, Granadilla, Guía de Isora, Santiago del Teide,… All of them devoted to the same main activity.
In this moment, the south of the island can counts with a wide cultural and sportive offer. There are all sorts of services: cinemas, libraries, cultural centres, sport pavilions.
All of this right next to the sea, in a landscape with a nice climate during the most part of the year, which favour leisure.
Pursuing the concept of co-responsibility in education of the Education Organic Law (LOE), the institute set up agreements with public organizations to improve educational quality.
It cooperates and participates in cultural initiatives from nearby local corporations:
- Cultural plays in the Infanta Leonor Theatre in Los Cristianos and Arona’s cultural centre.
- San Miguel City Centre historic tour.
- Our students, especially those from Secondary and High school use the library and participate in extracurricular activities in its pavilions.
- We participated to the Essay Competition organized by the Councillorship of Equality of the Adeje City Council in the fight against gender-related violence.
- Each Year the students manufacture a salt rug for the Adeje Corpus celebrations.
- We adhere to the Christmas solidarity campaign, students organize a “market” and all the profits are used to cover some close needs.
And it maintains collaboration agreements with the two Universities of the Canary Islands and other educational institutes…